DEPORTATION DEFENSE ATTORNEYS IN GARDEN CITY
Fighting for Clients across Garden City, Nassau County & Surrounding Areas
In recent months, a large number of non-citizens from all across the globe have been subjected to removal proceedings. This is an unfortunate occurrence and often results in many individuals being deported. If you are in danger of being forced to leave the United States, you have the right to obtain a skilled immigration attorney to defend you.
The Garden City deportation defense lawyers at Lewter Law Firm, P.C. can provide the strong representation that you require during this stressful time. We know that what you are going through is not easy, and we are here for you as a personal confidant and a compassionate advocate. Our knowledgeable immigration attorneys are committed to looking out for your best interests and fighting to protect your rights.
Get immediate attention from a trusted attorney by dialing (516) 990-2036 now. We are also fluent in Spanish, Bengali, Urdu & Hindi.
Who Can Be Deported?
The sad reality is that unless you are a U.S. citizen, you have no guarantee that you will not be deported, even if you have a Green Card. The good news is there are laws in place which protect your right to remain in the U.S. However, if you would like to avoid removal, it is crucial that you abide by the government’s immigration terms.
There is a variety of reasons that U.S. immigration authorities may desire to send non-citizens back to their country of origin.
Grounds for deportation include:
- Expired visa
- Violation of visa terms
- Illegal entry into the U.S.
- Unlawful presence in the U.S.
- Convictions for certain crimes
- Reception of public assistance
- Failure to adhere to immigration laws
- Failure to advise the USCIS of a change of address
If you are in danger of removal due to one of the above reasons or any other reason, it is essential for you to seek the assistance of an experienced lawyer as soon as possible.
Defense Strategies Against Deportation
If you are facing deportation, there are several defense strategies we can employ to protect you.
Typical methods to defend against deportation include:
- Proving you were not served with a proper notice to appear - whether your notice was sent to the incorrect address or only to your attorney
- You are not removable as charged - namely, your existing criminal record does not meet the definition of a deportable crime, or the Department of Security incorrectly applied certain legal precedents in your case
- Adjustment of status - typically via extending existing visas
- Proving eligibility for asylum or withholding of removal - you must have a provable fear of persecution based on aspects such as political opinion, race, religion, or other membership in a social group
Reach out to Lewter Law Today
Defending against deportation can be strenuous and difficult, especially if you are trying to go about it on your own. Put your case in the capable hands of our Garden City deportation defense attorneys.
Do not fight your deportation battle alone. Contact us at (516) 990-2036 today to schedule a consultation.